Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Ill...get that? no? how about "iLL"?

So here I am at home once again being ill...

I'm not a fan of being ill. I hate being bored and like to be occupied. This is why before yesterday, Monday 21st February 2005, I hadn't had a single day off sick from work for over two years!

I'd been sent home before through being ill and people thinking I looked like death, but usually if I felt rough I'd either push through the day or I'd take a half days holiday.

I think I may well see taking time off work as being some kind of weakness. I never used to have time off school either, having continued to go to school despite at one point having tonsilitis... nice...

But I think that the real crux of the matter may well be that I suffer from boredom. [this could well be the reason why I write this blog, seeing as very few people actually read it at all anyway...]

There's only so much abc1 I can watch over a day and only so much Amped 2 I can play over a day before my head starts to split in half and my eyes turn slightly square.

Fact 1- abc1 play their promotional videos for their upcoming programmes just after the title credits of their programmes, then again in the middle of the programme, then again 1 joke before the end... apart from in General Hospital and Ellen, in which there are no recognizable jokes, so they have to just abbitrarily pick a point shortly before the end in which to break up the tedious lethargy of the actor's performance with a brief glimpse of hope of some humour coming soon...

Fact 2- being ill is the worst thing in the world when it comes to phoning your work to tell them you're not coming in. You have to sound ill enough to warrant not coming in, but not just knackered at 8 in the morning. If you were going to go to work then you of course would be up at this time and getting ready, so unless you're signed off for the week, you have to get up, assess if you're ill enough to warrant not going in and then try to convince someone else of that fact...

Fact 3- I've watched 8 different sitcoms... Joey, Ellen, Mad about you, Perfect life (or something equally forgettable) Two and a half Men (which was truly brilliant and sees Charlie Sheen returning to his Hot Shots days), one about a disfunctional family in which the son bought a monkey and the mum worked in a maternity ward of a hospital, Friends, Home Improvement. I've watched 3 films including a matinee performance... I've listened to about six albums, written about 3 songs, played guitar for about 3 hours, read a chapter and a half of this book by Derek Bigg which is heavy going and a lot of words and played a computer game football manager game for approx. 10 hours! I played it for 8 hours whilst watching tv and stuff and then for another 2 hours solely because I found out how to cheat and win...

Fact 4- I have no more facts...

if you read this and have a mobile, please text me as it really does break up my day...

[listening to:- album 7 Songs about Jane - Maroon 5]
[contemplating:- how irnoic that it's the first time it's properly snowed and I'm ill...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home