Thursday, November 25, 2004

Shock Horror! Public Transport Does Its' Job!

I read an article!

I know what you're thinking - me reading any article is unlikely but I really did, in the Independant no less!

It stated the fact that public transport really does do its job. [Please bear with my in reading this, as the point I am about to make will indeed calm any fears that I am actually pro this "giving back to the people" service provided by the Government.]

The point, as stated by LJK Setright's article on the matter, is a truly inspired argument dealing with the issues of congestion, and rather then just complaining about the fact that people throughout London are charged to sit in their traffic jams through the delights that are congestion charges, Setright actually goes on to discuss potential cures for these traffic ailments.

I must draw particular attention to the paragraph on Bus Lanes. The nemesis of unobservant drivers everywhere, these Frankensteins Monster of the roadway are truly the icing on the cake.

To paraphrase, the real objective of the bus lane is to give the impression that public transport is better then private transport, which it accomplishes by preventing private transport from functioning as it should. I have nightmares about the faces of pensioners passing me by in these red jugernauts, laughing at my near cardiac arrest, suffered due to the sudden and violent shaking of my waiting car as these beasts go tearing past, inches from my lowly automobile.

Oh well... I suppose I could be on a bike...


Well... if you're going to act a fool and try and ride a mountain bike down an actual mountain...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home