Thursday, December 09, 2004

Back - Following Popular Demand...

Guess Who's back,
back again,
Johny's back!
Tell a friend...

Not that they'd be in the least bit interested but hey...

I have been deliberating a new ponderance...

Why do people work 7 hours a day, usually 5 days a week, suffer morning and evening traffic, to sit in front of a computer doing things that when they were kids were definitely not what they dreamed of being. I'm talking about working for a large multinational corporation, like I do. Please understand that I do enjoy my job, this isn't necessarily about me but I will draw on some personal experience.

At School, we always dreamed of being something grand, something important, useful or helpful. We wanted to be able to say at the end of it all, I came, I saw and I conquered... I did what I wanted to do and enjoyed every minute of it.

However, how many of us working types can truly say that is who we have ended up?

So what went wrong?

Did we not study hard enough? Did we slack in our lessons? Should we have stayed in that night to finish that assignment to make sure that we got the grade we needed to ensure that college/university would accept us?

Are our parents to blame? Bringing us up to believe that if we want something bad enough we can accheive it? (I want to fly, no matter how much I want that I cant see it happening...)

This is not a rheotorical question...

I want some answers.

After about 3 days or so, just before I go on holiday (Hurrah! - ed) I will read peoples answers (if there are any that is...) and respond to each and every one, eventually drawing my own conclusion and ignoring what other people have suggested...

I look forward to hearing from you, one and all!

[listening to:- colleagues whispering suspiciously]
[contemplating:- what to get the person I have drawn for secret Santa]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home