Thursday, November 04, 2004

So much to do...

Well good day to one and all who is taking time out of their busy schedule to read this...
For the record, following last rant, ed (editor) = me [sad I know but hey, it needs to be said because I'm like that]
Things are going a touch on the slow side today. The system at work has decided to go on cyber-strike and therefore very little work can actually be done.

Lets quickly recap on things since I last wrote:

Tuesday night - Church meeting, many items discussed, rejoiced in, mourned at.
After the meetind I proceeded around S's house where I was fed homemade lamb (I think) curry, which has to be said was quite enjoyed.
M was round S's, suprise suprise, and so conversation was limited, though caught the end of "Showtime" which was quite amusing.

Wednesday - Day - Work... T wasn't in the office and things proceeded with a gentle flow, no arguements today, following the verbal battering I have taken over previous weeks this was a welcome relief.
Evening - Joined a few old friends for drinks in Brighton, despite having arranged to phone *R* the same evening, excused myself from teh bar and made the call anyway. Arranged to drive up to Oxford on Saturday and many things have been planned to keep both *R* and myself amused for the few hours for which I am able to stay up there. [Note to self, buy Red Bull for emergency during sleep depriving drive home.]
Evening continued (post telephone which had left a distinct Cheshire style grin across my face) with me declining going clubbing at the risk of losing consciousness at work [again?-ed].

Babies don't sleep as well as I did last night.

This morning, woke late, rushed everything, got to work early.
System down.
Big hairy spanner magnets!
Work is nearly impossible. Have already prepared all the files on my desk, and some not on my desk, for action when the system is available again.

Lunch time have a Christians at Work meeting. Never been before and may be shocked at the average age being over twice mine...

Closing thought: If sunflower oil is made of sunflowers, what is baby oil made of?

[Listening to:- noisy colleagues, sob no music]
[Contemplating:- plans for my new 2005 company diary]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home